Philippines to Host Franchise Asia 2011Posted: August 19, 2011
In what can be considered a landmark achievement, the Philippines, through the efforts of Philippine Franchise Association (PFA), is hosting the upcoming Franchise Asia 2011, one of the biggest gatherings of franchising giants all over the world. It’s slated on September 19–25, 2011, at the 10,000-square-meter SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia, Pasay City, Manila.
With the theme “Asia to the World, the World to Asia,” the expo will be participated by over 43 countries across 6 continents. It’s also going to be a 4-in-1 event, which includes the following:
- International meetings of World Franchise Council (WFC) and Asia Pacific Franchise Confederation (APFC)
- International franchise conference with sessions headed by Mr. Tony Tan Caktiong of Jollibee, Mr. Jeff Welch of Krispy Kreme, Mr. Chris Tanco, of 7-11 International, and Mr. Edgar “Injap” Sia II of Mang Inasal
- International franchise expo
- Educational sessions, for both existing and would-be franchisors and franchisees
According to Samie Lim, WFC chairman, the meetings will greatly improve the relationships among franchise players all around the globe, reiterating the vision of the member countries that franchising will continue to provide adequate support to economies of both developed and developing nations.
Further, Bing Sibal-Limjoco, the current chair for Franchise Asia 2011, believes that the expo is going to bring in not only investments but also tourists to the country.
Franchising: One of the Soundest and Most Solid Investment Opportunities for Filipinos
In a presentation by Elizabeth Pardo-Orbeta, president of PFA, last August 18, 2011, in Golden Cowrie-Lahug, the franchising industry in the country is no longer manipulated by foreign brands but home-grown concepts. Players, over the past years, have also become very varied, from micro- to large-scale entrepreneurs.
Moreover, Philippine franchising
- has generated millions of jobs for the Filipinos. Jollibee alone already has around 1M employees all over its 1,500 outlets;
- creates indirect jobs through the industry’s allied services and suppliers;
- places the country 8th in terms of franchise brands, beating Germany, as well as 4th in the number of outlets, higher than India, Brazil, Mexico, France, and Germany;
- allows home-grown concepts to achieve international recognition and position (today, Reyes Haircutters can already be seen in the streets of New York and London);
- offers dependable long-term investments for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs); and
- introduces the concept pavilion for up-and-coming products and services (it’s a center where concepts are tested for quality, among others, before they are officially released in the market).
PFA has developed a number of programs to support Philippine franchises, such as the Big Brother mentoring program and Certified Franchise Executive education. The organization is also working hard to make franchises more affordable without compromising quality. Along with the Department of Trade and Industry, PFA has also created and elevated the franchising standards of the country, including the issuance of guidelines on how to avoid scams.
To participate in Franchise Asia 2011 or to gather more information, visit http://www.franchiseasia2011.com.ph. You can also go to http://www.pfa.org.ph for special admission rates. Other details are the following:
Tel. Nos.: (02) 687-0365 to 67 or (02) 798-2543
SMS: +63 917 8320731
E-mail Address: email@example.com
If you wish to participate in the expo, here are the contact details:
Global Link MP Events
Tel. No.: (02) 750-8588
SMS: +63 917 8320732
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special rates are given to regional participants, such as those from Cebu. Pay only Php 1,500 until August 31. For more information, you can contact Francorp Cebu at (032) 266-3955 or +63 917 3955. You can also visit their office at Blims Fine Furniture, Level 3, Ayala Center-Cebu, or e-mail them at email@example.com.