Okay, Here’s the Deal for the Next Few WeeksPosted: February 15, 2011
I knew there’s something really wrong when I started reading “rare” as “rape” (like “rare pre-war films”). I know it sounds weird, but it’s true.
I am tired lately. I hardly sleep at all. I haven’t done anything productive besides work. I haven’t gone out for long periods of time, and now it feels like I’m just stuck.
So once and for all, I’m making a deal with myself. Either I shape up or feel more miserable each day. What I’m planning to do in the next few weeks are these:
1. Meditate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Read my scripture guide.
3. Drink at least a full glass of raw fruit and vegetable juice. I’ve done this before, so definitely I can do this again.
4. Cut back on meat and increase intake on fish.
5. Get a lot of vitamin D. I’ve come across plenty of researches that say vitamin D is very much needed for calcium absorption. And since women are prone to osteoporosis, it’s important for us, for me, to get enough sunlight. My goal? At least 20 minutes.
This is also something I’m looking forward to. I really wanted a bike so I could move around the block and get my exercise, but Bernard suddenly changed his mind and said no. Now he just wants me to do a lot of things in the front yard, like water the plants. I’m planning to take it a notch higher by getting my own bench, colorful pots, and a lot more flowers.
6. Spend less time on television. I’ve always been a couch potato, so reducing my TV time is like detoxifying myself from my main source of addiction. But studies show that spending more than 4 hours in front of the television increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Plus TV doesn’t really get me anywhere, except on the sofa.
That’s it for now. Let’s wait and see if I’m disciplined enough to do all these.
PS: I miss my grandfather. He would have turned 81 this February 28.